It’s estimated that over thirty-eight million American adults binge drink more than four times per month. The majority of those binge drinkers fall within two age groups: 18 to 34 year olds and those over 65 years old.
While binge drinking isn’t always a sign of problematic drinking, its increasing frequency can be. There are at least five other warning signs that Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center points out, that when coupled with binge drinking may indicate a problem with alcohol.
• Missing responsibilities. If one’s hangover makes one miss work or makes it difficult to perform day-to-day activities, it should be cause for caution.
• Forgetting what happened during a drinking session. If the previous night’s activities are a blur and temporary lapses in memory occur, it could be a sign that alcohol consumption is becoming problematic.
• Not realizing how much alcohol has been consumed. At times, individuals will begin the evening with good intentions, vowing to only consume a specific number of drinks. If alcohol consumption goes beyond that number, “accidentally”, on a continual basis, it could be an indication that an individual’s alcohol consumption is becoming problematic.
• Drinking regularly, at specific intervals. Many individuals will avoid alcohol during the week, “saving up” for the weekend. If this occurs every weekend, it could be a sign of alcohol abuse.
• Friends and family seem very concerned. Perhaps the biggest indicator of problematic drinking is concern expressed by third-parties such as family and friends.
“Many individuals begin exhibiting one or more of these signs without even realizing it,” begins a spokesperson for Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center . “And, one of these symptoms alone doesn’t necessarily indicate problematic drinking patterns. However, when an individual begins to experience several of them, it should cause them concern as well as raise red flags to friends and family members. Knowing the signs of problematic drinking can help with early detection as well as early intervention.”
Alcoholism and alcohol abuse is a problem that faces millions of Americans, and those same individuals often feel hopeless in their battle. With proper, holistic alcoholism treatment and evidence based addiction treatment, individuals can reclaim their self-dignity and begin living their lives sober once again.
If you recognize the symptoms of problematic alcohol consumption in a friend or loved one, Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center can help you gently, yet effectively, approach him or her in a loving, caring way through professional intervention services. Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center has an outstanding success rate through its holistic drug rehab program. In addition, its comprehensive professional intervention services can help make the transition easier for an addict and his/her families to enter into rehab treatment.
In addition, Mountainside offers a comprehensive family care program that will give you the tools necessary to rebuild the bonds of your family to what they once were. Their unique individualized recovery program is recognized as one of the most comprehensive and individualized in the treatment field.
Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center is a modern drug rehab facility that is skilled in serving a variety of clients with various addictions and in varying stages of addiction. The caring, compassionate team is made up of licensed and certified social workers and counselors who have extensive experience and specialty in the addiction treatment field. In addition, the staff includes a Nurse Practitioner, as well as a Registered Nurse, both of whom also have specializations and experience within the field of addiction treatment and alcohol rehab.
Mountainside also provides services for those individuals who come to them with dual diagnoses and require the services of a Psychiatrist to help conquer the unique challenges that dual diagnosis brings.
For the past 13 years, Mountainside has established itself as an innovator within the addiction treatment field, and the treatment modalities Mountainside utilizes are regarded as among the most cutting-edge approaches in helping individuals to get, and to remain, sober. As a result of their unique, innovative approaches to addiction treatment, Mountainside has become the model for the addiction treatment field.
The program, along with its professional addiction treatment team, have earned national recognition and resulted in Mountainside being invited to Washington by the White House to meet with the White House Drug Czar, John P. Walters, for an in-depth meeting on what makes its program so successful. These accolades did not go unnoticed within the addiction treatment field and resulted in the adoption by many throughout the country of a more holistic approach to drug addiction treatment.
If you or someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, or if you have any questions, please contact Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center for a confidential inquiry at 800-762-5433.
Via EPR Network
More Healthcare press releases